Can I install/use Ratchet without SSH?

sebav...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2015, 3:05:32 PM7/13/15
to ratch...@googlegroups.com
Hi, the web hosting I'm stuck with does not provide SSH access, but I'd really like to try out Ratchet and see if it's a good fit for a project I'm trying to build.

Is it possible to install and use it without having SSH access to the server?

Thanks.

cboden

Jul 14, 2015, 11:01:23 AM7/14/15
to ratch...@googlegroups.com, sebav...@gmail.com, sebav...@gmail.com
If your host lets you execute scripts that can have a long run time from the web interface and allow you to bind to a port. I don't suspect this is something many would do however.

Another option for you could be to run your WebSocket server from a different server; such as a $5/mnth DigitalOcean box.