Can I use Ratchet to connect to a telnet server via websocket?

Alexander Behling

Feb 11, 2018, 1:59:11 PM2/11/18
to Ratchet
Hello

first of all I'd like to thank you for the fantastic framework.
But I'm not sure if it could help me solving my problem.
My goal is to develop a websocket based telnet-proxy.
Background: I'm working alongside other programmers on a text-based multi-user-dungeon game called Anderland.
This is accessible via telnet al.mud,de port 4711 or  31415.
Because flash support will remove in future I'd like to provide a websocket based proxy so new gamers could use it if they want to have a look.

I'd already made the chat example.
But for me I don't need to send the messages received to other websocket connections. Instead I have to send it to the mud server and then send the response through websocket to the client.

I don't know if the stack could also handle telnet connection.

If so could you give me a clue on how to start.

Kind regards

Alexander Behling