Max 1k connections. Not file open limit, server itself refusing connections

Ryan Jennings

Nov 18, 2016, 12:36:40 PM11/18/16
to Ratchet
Hello,

I'm having issues with getting my php ratchet server to accept over 1k connections. I've done everything possible with ulimit and open files and I'm 99% sure it isnt related to that.

I can run two ratchet php servers side by side to get 2k connections but I can't fire up one server per every 1k connections. I have also run php test scripts opening 3k files so it's not system or php based.

Any ideas?

Ryan Jennings

Nov 18, 2016, 12:39:55 PM11/18/16
to Ratchet
Infact to add a little more detail to this. I get the following error past 1024 connections:

Connection to 'ws://localhost/' failed: Server sent invalid upgrade response:

As soon as the server gets over 1k connections. It starts refusing connections with a

Ryan Jennings

Nov 18, 2016, 1:12:13 PM11/18/16
to Ratchet
Also just to add to this. Connecting to the sockets is fine. It's when you try send a message down the socket past 1024 connections that it fails.

Patrick Geschke

Nov 28, 2016, 8:45:02 AM11/28/16
to Ratchet
Second that. Ryan, have you found a solution in the meantime?