libevent not compatible with PHP7, is 'event' extension equivalent?

tyler....@fcoa.email

Oct 13, 2016, 11:04:58 AM10/13/16
to Ratchet

I am learning WebSockets, and my preferred language is PHP. Naturally I chose to go with the Ratchet library to build my WebSocket servers. So far I've been fairly impressed with the simplicity of Ratchet, but I'm confused about a PECL extension that they recommend here. They say to install libevent (done) and then install PECL libevent. I was a bit confused as several people have had success with

PECL install libevent

but this gives me an erorr, stating that only a beta version is avaiable. Weary to install beta software on what may very well become a production solution, I happend across another PECL extension, called event.

The PECL extension 'event' explicitly states that it "Provides interface to libevent library...for PHP". I'm wondering if I install and enable the "event" extension, if it will work in place of libevent.

Does anyone know if the 'event' php extension will work in place of the 'libevent' php extension, in regards to Ratchet?

Emmanuel Molero

Nov 21, 2022, 12:30:46 PM11/21/22
to Ratchet
hey, were you able to install libevent? and I have the same confusion, do I have to install both? like libevent and event with pecl?