Visit Istanbul and meet friends, colleagues, discuss your work and and listen to great talks! FREE ACCOMMODATION AND NO REGISTRATION FEE!

Assigned to tkele...@gmail.com by me

Pwensing

Apr 2, 2012, 9:51:09 AM4/2/12
to ras-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello RAS Student Members,

See below for a great opportunity, forwarded by Tamas. Invited speakers for the event include RAS leaders Toshio Fukuda and Oussama Khatib. Deadline for abstract submission is April 30th.

Thanks!
-Pat

Dear Students, Dear Colleague,

Visit Istanbul and meet friends, colleagues, discuss your work and and listen to great talks! FREE ACCOMMODATION AND NO REGISTRATION FEE!

We are proud to announce that The Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering of Bogazici University celebrates her centennial year. The Faculty of Engineering was established in 1912 with Electrical, Mechanical and Civil Engineering. The first centennial anniversary will be celebrated with a series of events to acknowledge and mark the invaluable contributions of our past and present faculty as well as alumni in academia, industry, social sciences, and arts.

As a part of our centennial events, the MASFOR (MASter FORum) Event has been planned to bring together the Electrical and  Electronics Engineering graduate students as well as engineers who have recently graduated (within the last 2 years) from an M.Sc. program. The forum is envisioned to be an open platform for the participants to discuss their research, to get exposed to hot topics in current research activities/projects and to professional opportunities. The forum will have a workshop under four main fields: Control Systems, Electronics, Telecommunications and Signal Processing, and Newly Emerging Fields. The students will have a chance to present their posters while attending a series of invited talks. Exciting social events are also planned. We invite your students to the MASFOR Event; the deadline for abstract submission is April 30th.

The invited speakers of the conference are:

Ali N. AKANSU, New Jersey Ins. Tech.
Mehmet ÇELEBİLER, Turknet A.S.
Ethem ELDEM, Turkcell İletişim Hiz. A.Ş.
Daniel FOTY, Gilgamesh Associates LLC
Toshio FUKUDA, Nagoya University
Oussama KHATIB, Stanford University
José Del R. MILLÁN, EPFL