BioRob2012 and EMBODYi Summer School: Join the BioEngineering Week in Rome!

Laura

Dec 19, 2011, 3:57:58 PM12/19/11
to IEEE RAS Student Community
Hi again to all!
I would like to inform you about another important event which will be
organized in Rome next June 2012: The 'Bioengineering Week' (http://
www.bioengweek2012.org/index.html)

This will be an exciting week totally dedicated to bioengineering
research, featuring a unique concentration of several scientific,
cultural and educational events.
You can find online most of the information on these events, but I
would like to put in evidence the BioRob2012 Conference and the
EMBODYi Summer School.

BioRob2012 is the 5th edition of a very successful series of
conferences jointly promoted by EMB and RA IEEE societies to foster
the development of biomechatronics and biorobotics worldwide. You can
find some more information on the conference at: www.biorob2012.org
(website under construction).
Our Student Activities Committee will be directly involved in this
event, and it will be an exciting opportunity for all of you to join!
Me and Tamas will be part of the Organizing Committee as co-chairs
for the Students Activities, and we are planning many interesting
activities as the ones during ICRA and IROS.
If you have any questions or suggestions, and if you want to get
involved directly, don't hesitate to contact me! I'll be more than
happy to know your opinion and share with you the opportunity to join
the event in an 'active way'.
More information will come soon!

During the same Week, the EMBODYi Summer School will be also held:
http://www.bioengweek2012.org/page3/index.html
This Summer School is the third edition of a successful series of
schools held during the past two years. I've been directly involved in
the organization of both, and I'll contribute to organize this third
too, so I will keep you all updated with the next news.
The school will be open to all PhD students and young researchers
interested in understanding the basic concepts of Embodied
Intelligence theory, an emerging area aiming at the integration of
many disciplines such as robotics, biology, neuroscience, physiology
and clinical research. The programme features lecturers from leading
European R&D projects in the field of Embodied Intelligence.

The activities for the students between the summer school and the
conference will be organized in order to benifit of both.

These events will be host in the beautiful and entertaining city of
Rome: it will be a unique chance to meet culture, robotics, history,
art and fun!

Put in your calendar the dates!
I hope to see many of you getting involved and to see most of you
there!

Cheers
Laura

Laura

Jan 3, 2012, 5:45:34 AM1/3/12
to ras-s...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
deadline for paper submission to BioRob 2012 (http://
www.biorob2012.org/) is approaching (January, 15)!
Stay tuned and get involved in the event of the Bio-Robotics
community ! ;o)

Cheers!
Laura

Laura

Jan 10, 2012, 5:01:15 AM1/10/12
to ras-s...@googlegroups.com

BREAKING NEWS!
BioRob 2012 Deadline for papers and workshop proposals extended to
January 31!

Cheers,
Laura