Inline rapydscript in python to call js libraries?

rtem...@gmail.com

May 5, 2015, 10:37:31 AM5/5/15
to rapyd...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to use rapydscript as a sort of python FFI to javascript? I just want to use javascript libraries with numpy and pandas, but I don't want to learn javascript :)

Alexander Tsepkov

May 5, 2015, 10:48:59 AM5/5/15
to rtem...@gmail.com, RapydScript
RapydScript ends up compiling to JavaScript before running, which wouldn't be compatible with Python. So the short answer to your question is "no", but the longer answer is that perhaps you're not asking the right question.

I'm not sure what OS you use, but if it's either OSX or Linux (and maybe cygwin with Windows), you can write a script in RapydScript for JavaScript communication and later trigger that script via system commands from Python as long as you have node installed. You'll effectively be triggering JavaScript, but you won't have to deal with it when writing the code.

rtem...@gmail.com

May 5, 2015, 12:08:11 PM5/5/15
to rapyd...@googlegroups.com, rtem...@gmail.com
Interesting thanks. I'm on windows.