Meteor | Browser Extensions | Async + Await | PyCharm

Alessandro Stamatto

May 20, 2015, 11:59:35 PM5/20/15
to rapyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi, on a quick glance I loved Rapydscript and I'm interested in using in all sorts of Javascript Scenarios. I have
some questions about it:

1) Meteor:
It seems to be possible, googling I encountered a Rapydscript plugin for Meteor,
but it gives a 404 not found right now. Maybe it was discontinued? (https://github.com/adrianliaw/meteor-rapydscript/).
Would there have a lot of problems?

2) Browser Extensions:
Browser extensions are written in Javascript, is it easy to use Rapydscript for this?

3) Async + Await:
Both Python 3.5, and Javascript 7, have Async and Await for easy asynchronous programming. Will Rapydscript have this feature in the future?

4) PyCharm:
It might be too soon, but if Rapydscript could gain official integration on PyCharm it would be awesome. I know PyCharm devs are always in search
of integrating Python ecosystem in the IDE, as such I bet they could implement it if Rapydscript gained more visibility. Is it a good idea?
(I found this related feature request: https://github.com/atsepkov/RapydScript/issues/33 )

Alexander Tsepkov

May 21, 2015, 12:13:01 AM5/21/15
to Alessandro Stamatto, RapydScript
1) Unfortunately I'm not familiar with this project or Meteor, so I can't provide much input
2) Yep, anything that can read JavaScript will be compatible with RapydScript, RapydScript output is fully valid JavaScript. The only gotcha is that I've recently dropped IE8 support in favor of standardizing ES5 features - so we're no longer compatible with ancient versions of JavaScript (because inbuilt methods/shortcuts rely on functions that didn't exist until ES5).
3) There are several features that fall into this same category (such as iterators and generators - which ES6 plans to add). The idea behind RapydScript is to bridge the gap and context switch between Python and JavaScript, I'm not opposed to features that help with this goal or make developer's job easier. I may not have the time, however, to add all of these myself. Community support would be appreciated.
4) Maybe, I don't use PyCharm myself (my editor of choice is vim, and more recently Atom), but would love to create a collection of IDE plugins if people could contribute them (probably as a different github project to avoid cluttering the main code base). As far as getting official PyCharm integration, I'm not sure what we'd need to do for that.
Message has been deleted

Telis Kit

May 24, 2015, 4:37:27 PM5/24/15
to rapyd...@googlegroups.com
Regarding PyCharm support, how about up-voting my feature request :-)

Isman Siete

Dec 31, 2016, 7:12:18 AM12/31/16
to RapydScript, asta...@gmail.com
I've been testing Rapydscript and I like it!

Currently I work with IntelliJ IDEA environment, so I've created a configuration file for highligth, notice ONLY highligth, the .pyj files.

https://gist.github.com/isman7/25197d0dab1cc4c5a3ed16836fde7125

See you,

Isma