RapydFlux

Ivan Florentin

Mar 28, 2015, 8:38:35 PM3/28/15
to rapyd...@googlegroups.com
I created a lightweigth implementation on Facebook Flux and a wrapper for React

https://facebook.github.io/react/
https://facebook.github.io/flux/

It is in early stages and lacks documentation but includes an implementation of TodoMVC

https://github.com/tastejs/todomvc

it is already beeing used in production in a couple of projecs:
source:  https://github.com/ivanflorentin/RapydFlux

patches are welcome!

Alexander Tsepkov

Mar 29, 2015, 1:35:58 AM3/29/15
to Ivan Florentin, RapydScript
Pretty cool, thanks for sharing this. I will add it to the community page. Do you plan to submit the TodoMVC implementation to their project as well?

Ivan Florentin

Apr 4, 2015, 10:27:09 AM4/4/15
to rapyd...@googlegroups.com, ivanfl...@gmail.com
I'm planning to submit it when there is some more documentation on how to use it (currently there is none) and also if possible get it working with the current implementation of React.

React now supports ES6 classes, it would be cool if we can generate those classes with RapydScript.

Also I would change the --screw-ie8 for something like --support-ie8 as there are so few ie8 around, pointing to modern browsers as default behaviour.

Alexander Tsepkov

Apr 4, 2015, 1:39:48 PM4/4/15
to Ivan Florentin, RapydScript
+1 for both (classes via optional flag for now)

I was actually considering dropping ie8 support altogether because writing 2 versions of some implementations and rewriting things that should really be there for free (JSON.stringify) is a distraction to improving RapydScript in other areas. However, after checking http://www.theie8countdown.com and being shocked by the 10% figure (that isn't adding up btw, isn't total IE usage under 20% now?), I figured I wouldn't be cutting the cord yet. However, the more I'm thinking about, the more I think a project like ours could get away with dropping IE support if it means cleaner generated code and better compatibility between Pythonic design patterns and generated JS. Perhaps dropping IE8 support altogether makes sense.

Unfortunately between my regular work and side startup I'm not able to tackle all of this soon enough. I'll get to it eventually, but if someone else wants to tackle this sooner, I'm all for it.

Ivan Florentin

Apr 4, 2015, 4:24:43 PM4/4/15
to rapyd...@googlegroups.com, ivanfl...@gmail.com

I've already dropped all support for IE8 in my sites