Le douze cent du massif central

Yannig Robert

Sep 21, 2011, 1:12:51 PM9/21/11
to ran...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

i don't post often here but i thought that some of you might be interested to know that next year there will be a 1200km organised in the centre of France. For those who don't know it is a rather desert but very beautiful area. There are old mountains and probably is a side of France not that well known from outside.

The website is there:

http://ledouzecents.blogspot.com/

Yannig

Peter Leiss

Sep 21, 2011, 10:21:25 PM9/21/11
to Yannig Robert, ran...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We did a tandem tour of this area this past June. The riding here is amazing and tough. There is very little that is flat and some beautiful gorges.

Ian

Sep 22, 2011, 4:16:28 PM9/22/11
to randon
I cycle toured in the Massif central National Park area in late Sept-
Oct 1986. It seemed unpopulated and quiet back then. Of course we
were riding somewhat in the off season, when B+Bs were starting to
close up for the year. Some of the climbing was steeper than you
will typically find in the Alps. Overall we really enjoyed the
landscape and quiet back roads. If they route the event on minor
roads I think it could be worth considering.
Ian Flitcroft