[NEW VENUE!] November RainSec - Tuesday 11/28, 6:30-9:30pm

Daniel Hückmann

Nov 21, 2017, 11:51:49 PM11/21/17
to RainSec

The next RainSec meetup will be held Tuesday November 28th, at the Local Celebrity (located at 820 N Russell Street) from 6:30 to 9:30pm.

### THIS IS A NEW VENUE! PLEASE REVIEW THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE ATTENDING! ###

As RainSec has grown over the years, the most common piece of feedback we've received is that the noise levels at the Lucky Labrador Brew Pub make it difficult to maintain a good discussion. We agreed, but couldn't find a location that met our needs as a group until recently.

To that end, we will be trying out a new location for our November meetup to see if it's a better fit for our group. If things go well we will take a vote on permanent relocation.

The Local Celebrity

820 N Russell St.

Portland, OR 97227

The event time will remain the same: Tuesday, November 28th, 6:30pm - 9:30pm. I will be down there a little bit early to make sure everything is setup beforehand – yes, that means there will be a sign this month – and to get a healthy head start on my bar tab.

The Local Celebrity is operated by a former security engineer, centrally located with ample street parking, close to public transportation, and is on the same block as the newly minted PASCAL Hackerspace. There is also an outdoor smoking patio along with arcade and pinball.

They have a great food menu, beer and cider on tap, and your standard assortment of hard liquors. More importantly, we'll have a much better selection of seating, including the potential use of a more private event space. Noise levels will be significantly more tolerable.

I look forward to seeing you there as we take this next step on our journey together!

### THIS IS A NEW VENUE! PLEASE REVIEW THE INFORMATION ABOVE BEFORE ATTENDING! ###

For the uninitiated, RainSec (Portland Oregon's CitySec) is an informal group of like-minded security professionals who meet to discuss topics of interest in a non-work, non-vendor setting. There's no membership, organization dues, vendor pitches, corporate sponsorship, or fixed agendas; just an opportunity for the local security scene to relax over a few beers.

While this is a public event open to any interested parties, our target audience is experienced information security professionals.

In addition to the attached iCalendar file, this event's details are also on meetup.com, Facebook, Google+, and Calagator. Help break the echo chamber by forwarding this on to your security focused friends and coworkers, we promise not to embarrass you.

- Daniel Hückmann

P.S. Follow @PDXRainSec for last minute updates.

RainSec_112817.ics