Microsoft Edge Browser Security PM

Crispin Cowan

Mar 30, 2016, 5:59:16鈥疨M3/30/16
to rai...@googlegroups.com

Eight years ago, I joined Microsoft, to the astonishment of many Including me 馃槉

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/michael_howard/2008/01/17/crispin-cowan-joins-the-windows-security-team/

It has been a simply fantastic ride. Both Windows and Microsoft are *huge* machines; the depth and sophistication of the technologies and the people who make them are simply astonishing. Both the peak and average quality of my co-workers is awesome. Some of the cool stuff I鈥檝e been able to do:

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Make UAC suck less 馃槉

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 App container

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Make Microsoft Edge be the most secure Microsoft browser https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2015/05/11/microsoft-edge-building-a-safer-browser/

But lately I鈥檝e had just too much work to do, and so I鈥檓 excited that my lead has opened up a position for an additional security PM on the web platform team. So if you know security and know the web, this is a great opportunity. And, for better or worse, you get to work with me 馃槉

Microsoft reality: you have to work in Redmond, FYI in case you are allergic to moving. IMHO the Seattle area is the 2nd best place in the world to live (Portland being #1) so I was not too upset about having to move, other than I miss my PDX friends. If you want to live deep in the city, Microsoft provisions commuter busses (Microsoft-only people on board) with corporate wifi on the bus.

To apply, click this link and click the buttons

https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=217692&jlang=EN&pp=SS or just drop me a note.

Crispin

Sent from Mail for Windows 10