uploads shutdown and binary update releases

anatoly techtonik

Jan 13, 2014, 8:05:48 AM1/13/14
to rain...@googlegroups.com
Google Code officially shuts down downloads in two days,
so this kicked me in to do some plumbing works on a
bunch of secret pieces of disarranged code that I created
to build binary updates.

The result is a set of archives for Wesnoth updates that
contain binary files changed between releases. It is for
Windows only, because I am not sure that binary updates
are possible for Linux. You probably can rebuilt packages
for each an every distribution around and compare them,
but I really don't have time for that.

I don't really don't have time to release the update builder
code, which is in Python, because it is valuable for me
and needs more time to be useful to public. I see a project
on KickStarter as the only viable option to work on this, or
if the work will be sponsored by some gaming company.
But I am not sure if I'll be able to handle managing overhead
of KickStarting or defend the project code from being sold
under contract conditions, so probably it will die with me.

anatoly techtonik

Jan 13, 2014, 8:06:55 AM1/13/14
to rain...@googlegroups.com