flattr for google code try no.1

anatoly techtonik

Dec 14, 2013, 5:28:34 AM12/14/13
to rain...@googlegroups.com
As a part of finance experiment I was looking to add Flattr button to the main
page of python-patch project. I am curious to see if it is able to generate any
interest and to measure the exact difference between amount of money sent
and withdrawn. Flattr claims to keep 10% of sent money, but there are also
different bank fees, payment provider fees, strange currency conversion rates
that are not included.

I registered account, added some details, but failed to add the button to
Google Code project page. It is no problem p to add the static image with a
link, but I wanted the image with counter, which requires JavaScript support.

Through the day I discovered that the only way to add content with Javascript
to GC wiki page is to create Google Gadget (supported at least by GC and
Blogger). When rendered, Gadget wraps JS into <iframe> (probably for
security reasons). There might be other restrictions, like where your gadget
code needs to be hosted, but I've run out of time and energy to go on.