Rails installer?

Raptor Man

Jul 1, 2013, 10:08:43 PM7/1/13
to rai...@googlegroups.com
I have the rails installer ... I think that somehow it can be brought into the virtual machine right?  Just needs to be stuck into the shared folder the Virtualhost and vagrant box share right?

Or do I have to sudo it for another hour or two?

I only ask as there have been users on stackoverflow stating if you're "sudo" you're doing it the slow way ...

Thank,

Matt

Derek Rockwell

Jul 1, 2013, 10:12:28 PM7/1/13
to rai...@googlegroups.com
They kind of serve different purposes with the same end goal.

Once you get the virtual machine you effectively have everything that Rails Installer gives you, but in that virtual environment.

So effectively all you need is a text editor (I recommend SublimeText) and PowerShell then you should be good to run your 'Railsy' commands within your SSH to your VM.

So the workflow is edit within the shared directory on your host (Windows) and then run 'rails server' 'rake db:migrate' etc within the terminal of your VM.