Topic Request

Eric Cozzi

Nov 8, 2013, 5:38:07 PM11/8/13
to rai...@googlegroups.com
Derek,

For us "long timers," it would be interesting to hear you speak about how Ruby is used in a larger deployment. For instance, I'm thinking about your work at Zipnosis. Is Rails purely the front end of your system? I'm guessing that when someone logs-in and submits a new request for diagnosis, that request is passed to some back end service? How do your various technology layers communicate? What protocols are you using? Certainly I'm not asking you to give away the farm here, but I'm guessing that you can creatively edit while still giving a competent picture of how your rails apps enable your service.

Does that make sense? Would anyone else be interested in this kind of discussion?

Eric

Derek Rockwell

Nov 9, 2013, 12:49:52 PM11/9/13
to Eric Cozzi, rai...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

I could definitely do that -- maybe next month? This month Nick will be talking a bit about dealing with time in Rails, which can be a tricky concept, and I could have time to prepare something.

Thanks for the feedback, I'd love to hear others thoughts as well!

Derek Rockwell
derekrockwell.com