installing RoR virtual machine

Adam Birnbaum

May 9, 2013, 5:55:45 PM5/9/13
to rai...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I already have Ruby on Rails installed on my computer (following the install directions at http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ruby-on-rails-tutorial-book).  Will installing and using the virtual machine as suggested in your email yesterday cause any issues to my local install of RoR?  I could see there would be benefits if I am missing anything in my local install that is included in the virtual machine and used during the meetup session.

Thanks,
Adam

Derek Rockwell

May 9, 2013, 7:00:15 PM5/9/13
to rai...@googlegroups.com
The virtual machine will have no impact on your local install.

The VM is definitely the recommended way, as it keeps your environment separate from your 'host' machine.

It is doubly nice because we have set up PostgreSQL and a couple other things for you that are normally quite tricky to do on a host machine!