Ruby / Rails offline documentation

Joshua Wehner

May 25, 2013, 6:18:45 PM5/25/13
to rai...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone --

I made something for myself and suspect that other people might find it useful, too.

I like to have a copy of the Ruby and Rails documentation handy, even in the rare instances when I am not connected to the internet. I used a Ruby gem called sdoc (which generates documentation that is searchable and combinable) to generate and combine the documentation for Ruby and Rails -- because I can't always remember if a particular method is defined in Ruby or comes from Rails.

You can download everything here: http://db.tt/z2YhjrL9 (zipped, about 12mb). Once it's downloaded, unzip it wherever you like and open the "index.html" file in your favorite browser. (And while you're looking at it, make a bookmark so you can come back to it easily.)

Enjoy!

Weston Platter

May 26, 2013, 1:24:18 AM5/26/13
to rai...@googlegroups.com