We have a new sponsor for our meetup: The Iron Yard will be covering our food and drink

tamouse pontiki

Feb 29, 2016, 12:30:28 PM2/29/16
to RailsMN
Let’s give a warm welcome to RailsMN’s newest sponsor, The Iron Yard!

The Iron Yard has agreed to provide us with food and drink sponsorship for our monthly Rails.MN Meetups! Let's give them a warm welcome and thanks for their generosity, and their interest in boosting learning software development in the Twin Cities. Read on for more information about The Iron Yard, and additional opportunities from them:

TIY-Logo-500px (1).png

As some of you may know, The Iron Yard is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing code schools, and they recently announced the opening of a new campus in Minneapolis. As a sponsor, The Iron Yard will be offering our members a special $500 discount on tuition for their 12-week Front End Engineering course starting on March 28. Additionally, The Iron Yard offers a diversity scholarship to make technology education more open and accessible to all underrepresented groups including, but not limited to: women, people of color, military personnel and people with disabilities. Each recipient is awarded a $1,000 tuition discount scholarship and there is no cap on the number of students per class who can receive support! The diversity scholarship can be combined with the RailsMN discount, for a total of $1,500 tuition scholarship.

With nearly 400 job openings for entry-level software engineers coming online every 90 days in Minneapolis, if you are serious about changing or starting a career as a developer, this might be a great opportunity for you!

How to Apply

If you’re interested in taking advantage of these opportunities and participating in one of The Iron Yard’s full-time, immersive courses, you can apply athttps://online.theironyard.com/get-started

Don’t forget to mention that you are a member of Rails.MN in the “How did you hear about The Iron Yard?” section of the application to receive the $500 discount!

In order to receive the diversity scholarship and/or the Rails.MN discount, you must first be accepted into The Iron Yard program. If you have questions, feel free to contact Dominick Campagna at domi...@theironyard.com or 312.241.8664.

The Iron Yard in the news