Opening guest vm files using host text editor, Ubuntu

Ilya B

Sep 9, 2013, 3:29:40 PM9/9/13
to rai...@googlegroups.com
Apologies if this is already documented somewhere. My goal is to use my host sublime text install to edit files within the vagrant created vm. Do I need to specify a share in the Vagrantfile or is there a default location that gets shared by default?

Joshua Wehner

Sep 9, 2013, 3:58:33 PM9/9/13
to Ilya B, rai...@googlegroups.com
Ilya -- By default, things should be setup so that the folder you run vagrant from is shared in the VM as "/vagrant". So, you should be able to edit any of the files in that folder from your host OS editor.

In other words, if you have, say, a Projects folder where you've set up railsmn-dev-box, you should be able to open {your home directory}/Projects/railsmn-dev-box/open_camp in Sublime Text.

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Ilya B <igb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Apologies if this is already documented somewhere. My goal is to use my host sublime text install to edit files within the vagrant created vm. Do I need to specify a share in the Vagrantfile or is there a default location that gets shared by default?

Ilya B

Sep 9, 2013, 4:06:04 PM9/9/13
to Joshua Wehner, rai...@googlegroups.com
Oops, my bad. I had managed to switch into home/vagrant before
creating the open_camp app. I created it in /vagrant and it works just
as you described. Thanks!