Existing Linux VM on Windows host, open_camp clone/config

Ilya B

Sep 4, 2013, 4:01:33 PM9/4/13
to rai...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I've got an ubuntu vm on my windows 7 machine that I use for rails development. i was able to configure postgresql on the vm and clone the open_camp app and can spin it up locally. is it going to work for me to operate this way at the sessions or do you strongly recommend i use the vagrant created box outlined in github?

Derek Rockwell

Sep 4, 2013, 4:06:48 PM9/4/13
to Ilya B, rai...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ilya, as long as you have PostgreSQL (and Rails 3.2) configured on the box you should be fine. The largest selling point of using the Vagrant box we provide is the PostgreSQL setup.

Derek Rockwell
derekrockwell.com

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Ilya B <igb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I've got an ubuntu vm on my windows 7 machine that I use for rails development. i was able to configure postgresql on the vm and clone the open_camp app and can spin it up locally. is it going to work for me to operate this way at the sessions or do you strongly recommend i use the vagrant created box outlined in github?

Ilya B

Sep 4, 2013, 5:06:51 PM9/4/13
to rai...@googlegroups.com, Ilya B
cool thanks, yea the setup was not as fun as i'd hoped for :)
my db encoding is unicode, i see there are two issues open:
one leaving it as unicode, the other changing to utf8. should i ensure it's using utf8 or if unicode will be fine?