Can't run rails server on todo sample

Paul Morriss

May 28, 2014, 11:48:00 AM5/28/14
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
I'm working through this guide

After installing rails I went to the todo directory, rather than create a blog as in the tutorial, because it was already there. when I ran rails server it said

←[31mCould not find puma-2.7.1 in any of the sources←[0m
←[33mRun `bundle install` to install missing gems.←[0m

That fell over with the error described here:

I downloaded the openssl libraries as suggested and built puma successfully.

However I still get the same error when running bundle install or building puma 2.7.1.

I'm not particularly bothered whether I run the todo app or not, so I haven't tried any further to try and get puma installed. However if it's part of the rails installer you might want to make sure it can run "out of the box".

Paul

Evan Machnic

May 28, 2014, 5:07:32 PM5/28/14
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
I've created an upstream pull request to the Todo app that moves the puma gem into the Ruby group so it shouldn't be required on Windows.

Evan

Evan Machnic | Deployment Engineer | m: 850.307.0313 | s: evan.ey | t: @emachnic