How do I verify that everything was installed correcly?

Lars Mattsson

Oct 5, 2015, 3:42:39 PM10/5/15
to RailsInstaller
Hi, I installed the latest version of the installation bundle, I´m following the code school rails for zombies part two. It said follow the viedo, It don´t seems that there is any viedo anymore.

So now it installed, I setup a user with git (I think, it created a hash at least).  (I closed the window after it showed a hash, not sure if it was done)
and then the installation stopped. I´m not sure if it was done or not.

I verified I have ruby and gems installed. but I don´t know if it installed the Microsoft sql server, the SQL lite, or even rails for that matter.

Is there a simple verifcation script I can run or do I need to follow the manual installation steps afterwards to see that everying actully is installed.

Thanks

Lars

Lars Mattsson

Oct 5, 2015, 3:58:42 PM10/5/15
to RailsInstaller
OK, it seems most things are installed correcly. but when i try to use rubygems I get this error:
C:\Users\saber>gem update -- system
Updating installed gems
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
    SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed (https://api.rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz)

This site says that rubygems is broken on windows if your not using the latest version of  it:

So should i discard my railsinstaller and do all the steps manual instead?