Cannot find RailsInstaller folder after succesful installation

Wouter Vogelzang

Jan 25, 2016, 5:51:45 PM1/25/16
to RailsInstaller
Hey all,

I am having some troubles installing RailsInstaller.
Currently I'm working on my Windows 8.1 laptop and I'm trying to get Ruby/Rails working.
I'm able to successfully install RailsInstaller, including Git, and configuring git and ssh afterwards.
However, I'm not able to locate the RailsInstaller folder where everything should be installed into.

While installing, I can see the C:/RailsInstaller folder, but in Windows Explorer I cannot.
Also, I can't use the 'ruby' and 'rails' commands. I can't add them to my PATH because I can't locate the folder they should be installed in in the first place...
I tried both railsinstaller 3.0.0 and 3.1.0.
In both versions I see a C:/RailsInstaller folder during the installation, but not afterwards in Windows Explorer.
I also tried different destinations while installing, but those folders remain empty after installation, too.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks in advance