Re: Installation Problems (Error Changing group of /opt/rix to rvm )

Evan Machnic

Jan 13, 2014, 7:12:24 AM1/13/14
to railsin...@googlegroups.com

Please see previous comments on this issue

On Jan 13, 2014 2:18 AM, "Tuyen Doan" <thisist...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm currently trying to run the rails installer package on my computer, but am unable to do so. When the installer try to run

I get the following message: "error changing group of opt/rix to rvm"

Does anyone happen to know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Tuyen

Surya Avantsa

Jan 13, 2014, 8:10:21 AM1/13/14
to railsin...@googlegroups.com

Make sure you run this as root or as a user with sufficient permissions. Prepend sudo before your command I'd it's Ubuntu. Else run su first.

Surya

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S™4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone