Rails won't use my version of Ruby on my environment [Windows, using uru not rvm]

Ka Mok

Jul 19, 2016, 11:44:51 PM7/19/16
to RailsInstaller
I have the latest version of Rails and Ruby from RailsInstallers. I need to update Ruby to `ruby 2.3.1`. I use uru as an alternative for rvm. I successfully use uru to point to `ruby 2.3.1`. When I do `ruby -v`, it shows `ruby 2.3.1p112 (2016-04-26 revision 54768) [x64-mingw32]`.

Fantastic.

However, when I do `rails s`, it tells me `Your Ruby version is 2.2.4, but your Gemfile specified 2.3.1`. Please help me. I've gone through every thread before posting.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Delete the Ruby folder from RailsInstaller directory. => `rails s is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.`
2. Delete and replace the old Ruby with the new Ruby directory => same thing

Contemplating that this is a RailsInstaller error.