An AngelList-like (but much crappier) project, now open sourced!

Fred Wu

Aug 16, 2011, 4:32:22 AM8/16/11
to Ruby or Rails Oceania
Here's the repo (please read the project readme):

https://github.com/fredwu/angel_nest

You are welcome to tear it apart and do whatever you want with it. :)

This is probably the last time I'm going to be sucked into building
something for nothing. Oh well. At least it was fun to test-drive
rails 3.1. ;)

Somebody buy me a beer!!!!!1 :P

Regards,
Fred

Kevin English

Aug 16, 2011, 5:00:28 AM8/16/11
to rails-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

This is interesting. I'm teaching a Ruby on Rails class in October. I
wonder if I could use your app as a starting point for my students.
The app I was planning to use is in Rails 3.0 and your app appears to
be 3.1. Do you have any seed data or a demo app running somewhere?

Thanks for the link. Sorry it didn't work, I've been there before myself!

Kevin English

Fred Wu

Aug 16, 2011, 5:09:30 AM8/16/11
to rails-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Absolutely. Feel free to use it for your class. If you're going to use it as an example of bad code, well, please hide my name, lol.

Development seed data can be generated by 'rake dev:db:reset'. :)

Fred

Fred Wu

Aug 16, 2011, 7:05:35 PM8/16/11
to rails-...@googlegroups.com