Red Dot Ruby Conf 2012 - Accommodation

Gabe Hollombe

Apr 17, 2012, 10:41:30 PM4/17/12
to rails-...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone who is going to RDRC booked accommodation yet?  If so, which hotel(s)?  It'd be great to all stay in the same hotel, so I thought I'd start a thread to see if we can get that sorted.

Also, if you attended last year, and you liked where you stayed, can you please share the recommendation?

-g

Warren Seen

Apr 17, 2012, 11:05:00 PM4/17/12
to rails-...@googlegroups.com
I know a couple of guys are staying at the Ibis Bencoolen. I stayed there last year, it's clean, modern, reasonably priced and has free wifi.

Cheers,

Warren.

Darcy Laycock

Apr 18, 2012, 7:29:44 AM4/18/12
to rails-...@googlegroups.com
Mario Visic, Myself and Two others (I'm not sure of their names off the top of my head, sorry) are staying at the Novotel (There was an awesome sale a few weeks ago - I think we ended up getting 50% off).

If you're staying at any Accor chain hotels (e.g. Novotel or Ibis), you can also get a decentish discount by signing up for their
free accor club (http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/index.shtml I believe, one of the versions is free).

Gabe Hollombe

Apr 25, 2012, 9:46:07 PM4/25/12
to Ruby or Rails Oceania
Thanks, Darcy and Warren.

FYI, for anyone else looking for neighbors, I've booked in for myself
and two of my teammates at the Santa Grand, which is close to the
conf.

-g