Thoughts on RSpec? I'm finding working with MiniTest kinda verbose

L. Preston Sego III

Oct 12, 2014, 7:13:49 PM10/12/14
to rails-a...@googlegroups.com
as I've been getting used to the code on master, and writing specs, debugging, etc, I've felt that minitest is pretty verbose.

is there a common opinion on using rspec with AMS?

Mehul Kar

Oct 13, 2014, 11:19:58 AM10/13/14
to rails-a...@googlegroups.com
Don't know about common opinion, but I use RSpec and AMS. Never really did much with Minitest, so not sure how they compare, but Rspec has some nice ways to reduce duplication (shared examples, let, before each, etc).

L. Preston Sego III

Oct 13, 2014, 1:13:03 PM10/13/14
to rails-a...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I think it would be beneficial for AMS to switch away from Minitest to use RSpec instead.

Adam Bowen

Oct 13, 2014, 3:04:33 PM10/13/14
to rails-a...@googlegroups.com
An advantage of Minitest rather than RSpec would probably just be to stay in-line with Rails core development—this started off as a proposal to be included within Rails itself, did it not?

L. Preston Sego III

Oct 13, 2014, 3:22:38 PM10/13/14
to rails-a...@googlegroups.com
that makes sense, then.

It would probably be more trouble than it's worth to switch all of rails to rspec.