Official Maven Host for Current Railo

Jake Feasel

Oct 7, 2012, 2:32:10 AM10/7/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
  I'm trying to get my railo app working within the maven build context (specifically with the http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Jetty_Maven_Plugin plugin).  Based on my searching, it appears that there are not too many people using maven with railo yet.  Google searches for "railo maven" turn up this project: http://railo-repo.sourceforge.net/  Although this is something, it appears to not be "official" and it isn't updated to serve current releases.  I have been fighting with a work around solution based on this plugin (http://code.google.com/p/maven-download-plugin/) however this has made me wonder - why is there no official, current maven repository for railo?

I can tell you, it would be very, very nice to have such a thing.  My project is on GitHub (https://github.com/jakefeasel/sqlfiddle), and the setup instructions for configuring a local dev env are far too convoluted.  Imagine if I could just say: "clone local copy and then mvn jetty:run".  Also, I'd like to be able to use https://travis-ci.org/ for my site, and having everything mavenized would make that possible.

I don't know exactly who I should direct this to, but I hope someone out there can get this going.

Thanks!
Jake

Denny

Oct 7, 2012, 5:32:28 PM10/7/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Feel free to explore:

http://cfmlprojects.org/artifacts/org/getrailo/

There are a couple of ways of exposing Railo and it's dependencies,
which I'll explain in some docs Real Soon Now.

If you are familiar with Maven you should be able to see what's what by
looking at the pom files though.

:Denny
--
Railo Technologies: getrailo.com Professional Open Source
Skype: valliantster (505)510.1336 de...@getrailo.com

Jake Feasel

Oct 7, 2012, 11:59:20 PM10/7/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
This is perfect! Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.  By the way, I've now started a project on github that contains the basic setup for using railo with maven: https://github.com/jakefeasel/railo-maven-template

To me, this has got to be the fastest and easiest way to get started with ColdFusion.  I mean - how much simpler could it be? I think this could dramatically lower the bar for people using the system.  Seems like something worth documenting, for sure!

Thanks again!
Jake

DL

Oct 8, 2012, 1:33:58 PM10/8/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Denny,

I tried version 4.0.1.001.  I got warnings and errors.  The build failed:

[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:ESAPI:4.0 is missing, no depend
ency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:PDFBox:4.0 is missing, no depen
dency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:PDFRenderer:4.0 is missing, no
dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:antlr:4.0 is missing, no depend
ency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-commons-httpclient:4.0 i
s missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-commons-httpcore:4.0 is
missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-commons-httpmime:4.0 is
missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-commons-sanselan:4.0 is
missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-jakarta-commons-codec:4.
0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-jakarta-commons-collecti
ons:4.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-jakarta-commons-compress
:4.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-jakarta-commons-discover
y:4.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-jakarta-commons-email:4.
0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-jakarta-commons-fileuplo
ad:4.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-jakarta-commons-httpclie
nt:4.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-jakarta-commons-io:4.0 i
s missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.getrailo:railo.dep:jar:apache-jakarta-commons-lang:4.0

[ERROR] error: error reading C:\Users\test\.m2\repository\org\getrailo\railo.d
ep\4.0\railo.dep-4.0-PDFRenderer.jar; invalid LOC header (bad signature)
[ERROR] error: error reading C:\Users\test\.m2\repository\org\getrailo\railo.d
ep\4.0\railo.dep-4.0-apache-jakarta-commons-net.jar; invalid LOC header (bad sig
nature)
[INFO] 2 errors

Is Railo 4 not ready yet?

And why I switch to 3.3.5.004.  The build is successful.  But after running for a while.  Jetty throws these exceptions:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger.log(Lorg/slf4j/Ma
rker;Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwabl
e;)V
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.JettyAwareLogger.log(JettyAwareLogger.java
:601)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.JettyAwareLogger.warn(JettyAwareLogger.jav
a:425)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Slf4jLog.warn(Slf4jLog.java:74)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEn
dPoint.java:639)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEnd
Point.java:45)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPoo
l.java:599)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool
.java:534)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have no problem with the jars from http://railo-repo.sourceforge.net/maven2...