Page /home.cfm [C:\railo\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\home.cfm] not found

Nicholas Bostaph

Mar 1, 2016, 1:40:57 PM3/1/16
to Railo
I recently installed a fresh copy of Win2008 server with IIS 7.  Then installed the newest version of Railo.  During setup I left the webroot pointing to its default, but I keep most of my own sites in a different folder: "c:\sites\".

I created a new website pointing to a subfolder at "c:\sites\website".  In IIS I added "home.cfm" as a default document and it's been inherited by my new site.  When I try to access my website via a domain name I get the error in the title: "Page /home.cfm [C:\railo\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\home.cfm] not found".  The file home.cfm does exist in "c:\sites\website\", which is the home directory in IIS for that site.  But for some reason Railo is looking in the wrong place.

Railo admin works just fine via both 127.0.0.1 and localhost.

I believe I set everything up the way I did on my old server, also running the same versions of Windows, IIS, and Railo.  On that server I could just create new sites on the fly and never needed to change anything in Railo or Tomcat to let them know where my site's root folders were; it was just picked up from the IIS config.  What could be causing this problem on the new server, and how do I set it up correctly for not just this site, but the many other sites I need to add going forward?

Nando Breiter

Mar 1, 2016, 3:06:13 PM3/1/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Nicholas,

Sideways, but have you heard of Lucee?

Aria Media Sagl
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

--
Did you find this reply useful? Help the Railo community and add it to the Railo Server wiki at https://github.com/getrailo/railo/wiki
---

Nicholas Bostaph

Mar 1, 2016, 5:31:09 PM3/1/16
to Railo
Thanks for the response Nando.

I have heard of Lucee.  I haven't had any time to really look into it yet, and needed to get this new server up and running as quickly as possible.  So I decided to just stick with the same versions of everything that I've been using.  It's been working well enough for me so far.

I managed to partly solve my problem.  In server.xml I added a new host entry for every website that I created.  This appears to work, but it's an inconvenience to have to do every time I create a new site.  I'd welcome any thoughts on how to get around the manual process.  For others who may be stuck with a similar problem that happen across this thread:

      <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps">
<Context path="" docBase="C:\inetpub\wwwroot\" />
      </Host>

<Host name="nightscapecreations.com" appBase="webapps"
    unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
    <Context path="" docBase="d:\sites\NSC\" />
    <Alias>*.nightscapecreations.com</Alias>
</Host>

<Host name="wheredidmytaxesgo.com" appBase="webapps"
    unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
    <Context path="" docBase="C:\Sites\WDMTG\" />
    <Alias>www.wheredidmytaxesgo.com</Alias>
    <Alias>wheredidmytaxesgo.org</Alias>
    <Alias>www.wheredidmytaxesgo.org</Alias>
    <Alias>wheredomytaxesgo.org</Alias>
    <Alias>www.wheredomytaxesgo.org</Alias>
</Host>

...and so on...

Nando Breiter

Mar 1, 2016, 5:54:02 PM3/1/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Nicholas,

See http://www.modcfml.org/ - seems like what you need, although I always configure server.xml manually.

n.

Aria Media Sagl
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

Nicholas Bostaph

Mar 2, 2016, 9:13:28 AM3/2/16
to Railo
Thanks; I really appreciate it.

It's weird.  I know that I never touched server.xml before, but my old server worked fine with 15 or so sites, so it must have been automatic at some point.  I'm curious why it didn't work after the move.  Is this kind of thing not needed if your websites are in your IIS webroot?

Nicholas

Nando Breiter

Mar 2, 2016, 9:40:37 AM3/2/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Afaik, Tomcat needs configuration, either hard coded in server.xml, or in memory via mod CFL.

Aria Media Sagl
Skype: ariamedia