screencast showing how to deploy Railo on Heroku

Mike Henke

Mar 7, 2013, 9:57:25 AM3/7/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
If anyone is interested, here is a short screencast showing how to deploy Railo on Heroku. http://www.henke.ws/post.cfm/coldfusion-and-heroku-railo-screencast

Mark Drew

Mar 7, 2013, 10:05:35 AM3/7/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Awesome work fella!

Regards

Mark Drew

The Railo Company
Professional Open Source
skype: mark_railo ma...@getrailo.com
+44 7971 852296 http://www.getrailo.com

On 7 Mar 2013, at 14:57, Mike Henke <henk...@gmail.com> wrote:

If anyone is interested, here is a short screencast showing how to deploy Railo on Heroku. http://www.henke.ws/post.cfm/coldfusion-and-heroku-railo-screencast

Billy Cravens

Mar 7, 2013, 11:51:46 AM3/7/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Good screencast, thanks for doing this. Might have been nice to elaborate on what a dyno is, as I think that's one of the more confusing aspects of Heroku. Also, couldn't hurt to mention downsides of free tier (Heroku shuts down inactive free dynos, so there'll be startup time when the first viewer shows up when the dyno is revived).

Also you said "ColdFusion", which some folks get fussy about. :-)

Billy Cravens
bdcr...@gmail.com

On Mar 7, 2013, at 8:57 AM, Mike Henke <henk...@gmail.com> wrote:

If anyone is interested, here is a short screencast showing how to deploy Railo on Heroku. http://www.henke.ws/post.cfm/coldfusion-and-heroku-railo-screencast

Igal

Mar 7, 2013, 1:49:35 PM3/7/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
good job!  we need more stuff like this.  well done :)

Igal

Chris Blackwell

Mar 7, 2013, 2:23:03 PM3/7/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Nice work, and good screen cast.

I have to admit to being a maven neophyte, so i may have misunderstood the pom file, but it looks like you are excluding the railo.deps group and then including each artifact explicitly, where as i thought it was mavens job to just sort this stuff out?

Cheers, Chris

Mike Henke

Mar 7, 2013, 3:56:47 PM3/7/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Makes sense what you are saying. Denny might know why it was done this way.

Did removing the explicit includes & exclude work? If it does go head and send a pull request.