Install Railo 4.2 Express on Mac

dutchlab

Jul 30, 2014, 2:11:58 PM7/30/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
When trying to start Railo I get the following output.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/eclipse/jetty/start/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)

I have installed java 7 update 65

dutchlab

Jul 30, 2014, 3:13:39 PM7/30/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I realized the installed only the JRE.  Now I have installed the JDK.  All seems better.

Igal @ getRailo.org

Jul 30, 2014, 3:15:36 PM7/30/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Railo runs on a standard JRE and does not require the JDK to run.

it's more likely that you were running Java 6 and that the Jetty version that you were trying to run requires Java 7.
--
Did you find this reply useful? Help the Railo community and add it to the Railo Server wiki at https://github.com/getrailo/railo/wiki
---

Igal Sapir
Railo Core Developer
http://getRailo.org/

scott

Jul 30, 2014, 3:19:27 PM7/30/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
After installing the JRE, the Mac java console indicated that Java 7 was in use.  Not sure why but as soon as I installed the java 7 JDK it all seems to be working.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Railo" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/railo/53D94453.1080202%40getrailo.org.