Special Caracters Problem with file upload

C.A.

Dec 12, 2016, 2:04:29 PM12/12/16
to Railo
Hi,

I try this with railo and have the following problem with google chrome on OSX:

If the file has a special caracter (like german umlaute) it should be replaced with a "better" non umlaut. So ä should be converted to ae and so on.
Somehow Chrome is giving the name of the file in some special way (I do not know why, as the renaming starts on the server side - and should not depend on the browser!)

I have made a test file so anyone can check.

Any ideas?

Regards

Nando Breiter

Dec 12, 2016, 2:42:45 PM12/12/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I store uploaded files on the server by renaming them using CreateUUID() & '.' & clientFileExt to ensure a unique name is generated that is acceptable on the file system, and then associate the generated name with a user provided label like "Initial contract" - whatever they indicate in the file name field I provide with the upload field - in the database record of the uploaded file.

Advantages:

a) don't have to mess with ensuring a user provided file name is unique and works for the file system, and
b) the name they give it is decoupled from the name of the file on the file system, so it can be anything, using characters in any language, even a long phrase or sentence to help them remember what the file is.

Aria Media Sagl
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

--