Log sytem in copycat

Terry Tan

Apr 12, 2017, 2:37:09 AM4/12/17
to raft-dev
Hi Jordan,

I  found you use logback for logging , if we use you jar ,we need to change our log system to logback ,but currently we use log4j, so if we dont config your append ,then all the logs will be in  our app logs ,but we want copycat log in a place ,and our app logs in another place ,do you have
any other solution for this?

Jordan Halterman

Apr 14, 2017, 2:56:55 PM4/14/17
to raft...@googlegroups.com
I’m okay with having conversations that discuss Copycat’s Raft implementation on the raft-dev forum if that discussion may be of interest to the broader Raft community, but this is not a Copycat community, and I’m sure others don’t want us to make it one. Considering this particular question is really specific to logging in Java, it should be discussed on Atomix’s own Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/atomixio) or in Gitter chat (https://gitter.im/atomix/atomix).

But to answer your question since it’s already been asked here, Copycat/Atomix use slf4j, which is a pluggable logging framework. It should work with any existing logging framework you’re using. Logback is only used in tests.

Terry Tan

Apr 16, 2017, 10:09:42 AM4/16/17
to raft-dev
Thank you for your reply, I will raise question on copycat forum. or your reply , I knew it is about sl4j, and i found if we use copycat jar ,it will load the logback jar ,as the sl4j implemation ,it will only load one implementation on classpath  ,so that i write codes to replace the sl4j with my own implemention , i dont know if there is any better way