problem with bluecloth 2.1.0 on osX 10.10.3 exising radiant installation (radiant 1.1.4)

Gattamelata

Apr 21, 2015, 4:33:06 PM4/21/15
to radia...@googlegroups.com
hello!
i've a problem while running radiant (existing installation)
when i run:
bundle exec script/server

i get:
Could not find bluecloth-2.1.0 in any of the sources
Run `bundle install` to install missing gems.

then i run:
bundle install

it fails:
An error occurred while installing bluecloth (2.1.0), and Bundler cannot continue.Make sure that `gem install bluecloth -v '2.1.0'` succeeds before bundling.

i am on osx 10.10.3

if i install the latest 'bluecloth' 2.2.0 it installs fine ...

my questions:

1) from where inside radiant bluecloth 2.1.0 is referenced?

2) can us change the reference to bluecloth 2.2.0, which is installed in my system?

THANK YOU for you help!

Jim Gay

Apr 21, 2015, 4:42:35 PM4/21/15
to radia...@googlegroups.com
What does your Gemfile.lock say about bluecloth?

For that matter, what does your Gemfile look like?

- Jim

--
Check out my books:
You can't afford complicated code #=> http://www.clean-ruby.com

--

---

Gattamelata

Apr 23, 2015, 8:30:12 AM4/23/15
to radia...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your help. The problem was related to the ruby version I was using. It was 2.2, while I discovered radiant is working with 1.9 only. I used RVM to select 1.9 and everything went fine. I also upgraded the installation from radiant 1.3 to 1.4 without problems. As a side note, I noticed in the radiant web site home page it is mentioned that the last version of radiant is 1.3 while it seems is 1.4. Many thanks again for your support. Long live radiant!