Unable to bootstrap database. Failure immediately after "Select a database template"

support

May 28, 2014, 2:38:20 AM5/28/14
to radia...@googlegroups.com
New installation from Github clone on 5/27/2014.
Postgresql 9.1 database
Debian Wheezy with all updates
Rails 2.0.0

When I try to run the db:bootstrap ["RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake app:db:bootstrap"] {your INSTALL.md needs to be updated}, I get through creating the tables and the administrative user.

Then I am asked:

     Initializing configuration...........OK

     Select a database template:

     [1-0]:

Regardless of my selection here, I receive the following error message:

rake aborted!
TypeError: can't dup NilClass
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@radiantcms/gems/highline-1.6.21/lib/highline.rb:711:in `dup'
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@radiantcms/gems/highline-1.6.21/lib/highline.rb:711:in `format_statement'
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@radiantcms/gems/highline-1.6.21/lib/highline.rb:617:in `say'
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@radiantcms/gems/highline-1.6.21/lib/highline.rb:734:in `explain_error'
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@radiantcms/gems/highline-1.6.21/lib/highline.rb:306:in `rescue in ask'
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@radiantcms/gems/highline-1.6.21/lib/highline.rb:310:in `ask'
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@radiantcms/gems/highline-1.6.21/lib/highline.rb:361:in `choose'
/var/www/cms/lib/radiant/setup.rb:79:in `load_database_template'
/var/www/cms/lib/radiant/setup.rb:22:in `bootstrap'
/var/www/cms/lib/radiant/setup.rb:10:in `bootstrap'
/var/www/cms/lib/tasks/database.rake:43:in `block (2 levels) in <top (required)>'
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@radiantcms/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `eval'
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@radiantcms/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `<main>'
Tasks: TOP => app:db:bootstrap

It appears that this part of the setup.rb: (load_database_template(filename)) is supposed to set up the database based on config[:database_template] but this value does not appear to be initialized anywhere.

Where should this value be initialized, and where are the database templates?

Benny Degezelle

May 28, 2014, 4:51:29 PM5/28/14
to radia...@googlegroups.com
The problem is that radiant-site_templates-extension is not loaded, therefore no database templates are found, and the selected input is null.
We are aware of this; one of the remaining issues in the master branch is that the extension mechanism is still broken.
Unless you are trying to set up a development environment to help get to Radiant 2.x, you should check out the 1.x branch, or use the 1.1.4 gem.