How to install the latest Radiant: Radiant 1.1.4 Installation ?

Miljenko Jakovljevic

Oct 7, 2015, 5:14:07 PM10/7/15
to Radiant CMS
Dear forum community!

I have been trying to install Radiant, but have hit a dead end.

I am using rvm since that is supposed to provide different Ruby environments, one of which should hopefully run with Radiant. I have tried different Ruby versions; for Ruby version 2.0 with Rails 2.3.18 in the rvm, Radiant seems to install without any problems. However, when I try to run "radiant testproject" I get the following errors:

/home/mike/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p643/gems/radiant-1.1.4/lib/generators/instance/instance_generator.rb:20:in `<class:InstanceGenerator>': Use RbConfig instead of obsolete and deprecated Config.
/home/mike/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p643/gems/radiant-1.1.4/lib/generators/instance/instance_generator.rb:20:in `<class:InstanceGenerator>': Use RbConfig instead of obsolete and deprecated Config.
/home/mike/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p643/gems/radiant-1.1.4/lib/generators/instance/instance_generator.rb:21:in `<class:InstanceGenerator>': Use RbConfig instead of obsolete and deprecated Config.
undefined method `camelize' for "instance":String

The official Radiant site contains sparse installation instructions for the Fedora based Linux systems. I am at a loss on how to find which Ruby and Rails version go with Radiant 1.1.3 or 1.1.4? Do you think that the above error message is a symptom of a bug in Radiant, something wrong with my rvm ruby installation, or some sort of incompatibility between the two?

I would appreciate any hints you might have on how to install radiant.

Thanks in advance!