Parent page not rendering radius tags from layout

Dean Satchell

Mar 19, 2014, 12:50:39 AM3/19/14
to radia...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a problem where I don't want the parent page to render some radius tags from the layout selected in the page. This is because I want its children pages to <inherit> that layout (i.e. default, so I don't have to select the layout), but somehow not render all the tags from that layout in the parent page. Any ideas?

Andrew vonderLuft

Apr 14, 2014, 11:36:28 AM4/14/14
to radia...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dean,

If I understand you, this would involve using radius tags to put conditional logic in your layout, e.g.   <r:if_parent> <r:if_ancestor> etc.  I'm on #radiantcms IRC if you want to discuss.

avonderluft

Dean Satchell

May 4, 2014, 10:05:29 PM5/4/14
to radia...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew, thanks for your advice, got me thinking about it. I've come up with this:

<r:unless_children><r:comments:all /></r:unless_children>

This satisfies my requirements:
1.  I want to use the same layout for the parent and children pages for user convenience (i.e. inherit layout when creating child page).
2. The parent page is not the root page.
3. I only want comments to show on the children pages

Thanks again,
Dean

Benny Degezelle

May 6, 2014, 9:57:25 AM5/6/14
to radia...@googlegroups.com
Seeing you don't pass attributes, you could make that more concise;

<r:unless_children:comments:all />