Exclusive listener queue request fills up RabbitMQ server logs

monica nath

Feb 24, 2015, 12:01:27 AM2/24/15
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a process on 2 separate machines and only one of them can create a specific listener queue, so I have made the listener queue exclusive.

The first machine acquires the exclusive queue and the 2nd machine simply keeps trying to create the exclusive queue. If the process in the 1st machine dies or if there is a network disconnect, then the second machine can create the exclusive queue.

On the RMQ server in the Linux machine, I have set the log-level to [connection, none]. However, the logs still keep getting filled up every millisecond with the log line such as,

=ERROR REPORT==== 19-Feb-2015::02:08:38 ===

connection <0.451.0>, channel 1 - soft error:

{amqp_error,access_refused,"queue 'XXX' in vhost '/' in exclusive use",

            'basic.consume'}

=ERROR REPORT==== 19-Feb-2015::02:08:38 ===

connection <0.451.0>, channel 1 - soft error:

{amqp_error,access_refused,"queue 'XXX' in vhost '/' in exclusive use",

            'basic.consume'}

How can I avoid the log files to keep filling up with this above information? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Monica

Jean-Sébastien Pédron

Mar 17, 2015, 6:25:20 AM3/17/15
On 24.02.2015 06:01, monica nath wrote:
> Hi,

Hello!

> On the RMQ server in the Linux machine, I have set the log-level to
> [connection, none]. However, the logs still keep getting filled up every
> millisecond with the log line such as,
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 19-Feb-2015::02:08:38 ===
> connection <0.451.0>, channel 1 - soft error:
> {amqp_error,access_refused,"queue 'XXX' in vhost '/' in exclusive use",
> 'basic.consume'}

This message has no category associated, like many others. There is no
way to silence this particular message.

I filed an issue so we remember to improve this:
https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-server/issues/74

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron
Pivotal / RabbitMQ

Jean-Sébastien Pédron

Mar 26, 2015, 7:03:11 AM3/26/15
On 17.03.2015 11:25, Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
> I filed an issue so we remember to improve this:
> https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-server/issues/74

Hi!

FYI, the issues is now fixed and the new "channel" log category will be
available in the next release of RabbitMQ (3.5.1).

Michael Klishin

Mar 26, 2015, 8:21:50 AM3/26/15
to Jean-Sébastien Pédron, rabbitm...@googlegroups.com

Issue on GitHub: https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-server/issues/74