PerfTest: URI command error

Shruti Mahambre

Apr 12, 2016, 2:55:05 AM4/12/16
to rabbitmq-users
I have a RabbitMQ Server running on Server1
RabbitMQ Client on Server2

On Server 2, the following command throws an error:
rabbitmq-java-client-bin-3.6.1/runjava.sh com.rabbitmq.examples.PerfTest --uri "amqp://username:password@IPOfServer1:15672:/%2f" --consumers 1 --producers 1

Where username and password represent the user I have created for interacting with the server.  "/" represents my vhost.
15672: RabbitMQ server port.

The error is as follows:
starting consumer #0
Main thread caught exception: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
   at com.rabbitmq.utility.BlockingCell.get(BlockingCell.java:77)
   at com.rabbitmq.utility.BlockingCell.uninterruptibleGet(BlockingCell.java:111)
   at com.rabbitmq.utility.BlockingValueOrException.uninterruptibleGetValue(BlockingValueOrException.java:37)
   at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQChannel$BlockingRpcContinuation.getReply(AMQChannel.java:367)
   at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.start(AMQConnection.java:293)
   at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:716)
   at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:760)
   at com.rabbitmq.examples.perf.MulticastSet.run(MulticastSet.java:56)
   at com.rabbitmq.examples.PerfTest.main(PerfTest.java:117)

I am not sure why it is not able to connect to the server.
I have tried a set up without the perftest tool and it works fine.

Ideally I would like to have the following setup:
Server1 : Rabbitmq server
Server 2: Rabbitmq client (Producer)
Server 3: Rabbitmq client (Subscriber).

Currently I am trying out with only 1 client, which is unable to connect to the server.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Michael Klishin

Apr 12, 2016, 3:07:19 AM4/12/16
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com
The URI has two colons and the HTTP API port. Both are wrong.

Shruti Mahambre

Apr 12, 2016, 3:19:28 AM4/12/16
to rabbitmq-users
I am using this format (rabbitmq: uri-spec.html)

amqp://user:pass@host:10000/vhost

The command I have typed in my console is this:
amqp://user:pa...@192.XX.XX.XX:15672/%2f

My vhost is "/"
Could you please elaborate ?  I am not sure I have understood the issue.

Thanks,

Michael Klishin

Apr 12, 2016, 3:36:38 AM4/12/16
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com
Port used by AMQP is 5672, not 15672. You don't even have to specify it since that's the default.

Your original port had a URI with two colons, not one.

Shruti Mahambre

Apr 12, 2016, 3:59:18 AM4/12/16
to rabbitmq-users
Thanks very much.  This works fine.