Modifying Hamiltonian when collapse operators are applied

Ruvi Lecamwasam

Jun 7, 2015, 11:27:28 PM6/7/15
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I need to run some simulations where as soon as a particular collapse operator is applied, I change the parameters of the system. Experimentally this corresponds to monitoring my system with a photodetector, and as soon as it registers a click turning off a particular component.

At the moment I am doing this by evolving the system using mcsolve for a long period of time under a Hamiltonian H1, then looking at the collapse times to find the first time the collapse operator was applied. I then take the state of the system at this time and use it as the initial state for a second system evolving under some Hamiltonian H2.

This is however computationally wasteful. Does QuTiP have any way of doing this automatically, or stopping after the first collapse operator is applied?

Paul Nation

Jun 7, 2015, 11:46:15 PM6/7/15
to qu...@googlegroups.com
In short, no.  However, this is something that is likely useful for a variety of things, and can be easily implemented.

Paul