Partial trace source logic

colin....@outlook.com

Feb 5, 2018, 9:17:04 AM2/5/18
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
I am a retired theoretical physist using qutip for fun and private reseach. For various reasons I need to transfer my work to an apple airbook with Excel for mac 2008 on it. This unfortunately does not support visual basic so calling Qutip function is not easily possible. Therefore I ask the following
1. Has anyone tryed to call python functions from Excel 2008 without visual basic and 2. Is it possible to get a copy of the source code or logic, particularly for taking partial traces so I can code it into an Excel workbook. Thanks

Paul Nation

Feb 5, 2018, 9:48:21 AM2/5/18
to qu...@googlegroups.com
All source code is available on github.  As for Excel, haven't used it since I was in undergrad...

-P

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018, 07:17 <colin....@outlook.com> wrote:
I am a retired theoretical physist using qutip for fun and private reseach. For various reasons I need to transfer my work to an apple airbook with Excel for mac 2008 on it. This unfortunately does not support visual basic so calling Qutip function is not easily possible. Therefore I ask the following
1. Has anyone tryed to call python functions from Excel 2008 without visual basic  and 2. Is it possible to get a copy of the source code or logic, particularly  for taking partial traces so I can code it into an Excel workbook. Thanks

Alex Pitchford

Feb 5, 2018, 10:11:06 AM2/5/18
to qu...@googlegroups.com
I sometimes use some spreadsheet app to store data tables in some formatted way.
If I want to run some analysis on the data, then I use Python's pandas library. This gives access to the data as sheets, rows, columns etc. No need to convert to csv

This keeps me away from needing to dip into VB, for which I am most grateful.

There is a lot of help for pandas online. But if you need any pointers, then email me direct.

Alex

-P