qutip in terminal

israel russia

Apr 17, 2018, 1:02:57 PM4/17/18
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
   Please let me know how does one run python programs using qutip directly from the terminal .
I can currently run them in Spyder under qutip environment created in anaconda . Mac OS 10.13.3

Alex Pitchford

Apr 18, 2018, 6:55:24 AM4/18/18
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Check which python env is in use with:

$ which python

You may need to activate your environment.

$ source activate qutip-env

That is if your env is called 'qutip-env'

You can check what envs you have with:

$ conda info --envs

I don't know much about Anaconda on Mac. It may be that it has its own terminal, like in MS Windows. In which case look for some application called 'Anaconda Terminal' or similar.
Maybe someone who uses Mac might be able to offer a better answer.

Alex

Paul Nation

Apr 18, 2018, 8:17:43 AM4/18/18
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Provided that Anaconda is on your path, it adds itself by default, then you can just open the terminal and go from there.