saving codes

mehrosadate...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2016, 1:14:47 PM7/17/16
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
 Hello,

I use qutip in Linux.
I do not know haw can I save my codes, when I write them in Terminal.
Can you please help me to save my codes?

Regards
Mehrosadat

Muhammad Saad

Jul 17, 2016, 2:40:46 PM7/17/16
to qu...@googlegroups.com

Write all the code in a text editor rather than the IPython console. Then save it as a .py file. You can use a programming editor which will be more helpful in your work.
One good editor is the Spyder IDE. You can always install it from your package manager or via pip.

Andrew Dawes

Jul 17, 2016, 6:18:49 PM7/17/16
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Another option in IPython is the logging features. At any point in a session you can type:
%logstart
And it will record your full history (and anything else you type into the session) into a file. By default the file is IPython_log.py but you can name it anything you want. For more information, see:

On Jul 17, 2016, at 11:40 AM, Muhammad Saad <muhamma...@gmail.com> wrote:

Write all the code in a text editor rather than the IPython console. Then save it as a .py file. You can use a programming editor which will be more helpful in your work.
One good editor is the Spyder IDE. You can always install it from your package manager or via pip.

mehrosadate...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2016, 5:14:29 AM7/18/16

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 2:48:49 AM UTC+4:30, Andrew Dawes wrote:
Another option in IPython is the logging features. At any point in a session you can type:
%logstart
And it will record your full history (and anything else you type into the session) into a file. By default the file is IPython_log.py but you can name it anything you want. For more information, see:

Thank you very much.
    It was what I want.