Time dependent collapse operators

wjhu...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2018, 8:41:44 PM2/12/18
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
I understand that the normal way of dealing with time dependence in QuTiP is to combine time independent operators with time dependent coefficients.

I am willing to modify the code to achieve my ends, but I'd love an expert's opinion before I dive in...

If I'm wanting to use time dependent operators that can't (easily) be formulated in terms of a time independent piece and a coefficient, is there going to be any way for me to use QuTiP?

Basically, I want to build some collapse operators that dependent on the instantaneous eigenbasis of a time dependent Hamiltonian.

Thank you kindly for your advice,

Bill

Paul Nation

Feb 12, 2018, 10:41:54 PM2/12/18
to qu...@googlegroups.com
You could if it were the collapse rate that you were after.  If you need to compute the whole operator than no.  Usually though you kind of know the possible collapse terms, but may not directly be able to compute the rate.

-P

wjhu...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2018, 7:04:13 PM3/5/18
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Unfortunately, it is the whole operator. Thanks for your reply though!