Re: QuTip for many-body systems

Paul Nation

Jun 6, 2017, 11:16:18 AM6/6/17
to QuTiP Group
Not in the form that you wrote.  You would have to rewrite the Hamiltonian in terms of Pauli operators.

Paul

On May 22, 2017 4:37 AM, <sajj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all,

Many thanks to you for your nice paper and framework for quantum systems.

I was wondering if I can use the framework to solve many-body systems, in the specific case, utra-cold atoms like this Hamiltonian:

H = ∑Ni = 0 (1/2 ∇i 2 + (xi2 + yi2 +λ zi2))
+∑j<iN V(rj - ri)

I’ve had a quick look at some of papers which are used QuTip for numerical calculation such as:

https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.93.012106

https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.116.237203

and so on. But I think they're different from the Hamiltoinan and my case.

I would appreciate it, if you could guide me a bit.

Regards,

Sajad

sajj...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2017, 2:05:55 PM6/20/17
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your answer.
it's almost impossible to rewrite the Hamiltonian in terms of Pauli operators.
So, I think the software doesn't appropriate for my aim.

Sincerely,
Sajad
Paul