Apply a function to a hermitian operator

M Cotrufo

Dec 9, 2016, 9:02:47 AM12/9/16
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hi,
is there a simple way to apply a function (for example a sine or cosine) to a hermitian operator?

Paul Nation

Dec 9, 2016, 10:09:24 AM12/9/16
to QuTiP Group
They are built in methods in qutip 4, Q.sinm and Q.cosm

Or, you can do it yourself using Q.expm

On Dec 9, 2016 7:02 AM, "M Cotrufo" <michele...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
is there a simple way to apply a function (for example a sine or cosine) to a hermitian operator?

M Cotrufo

Dec 9, 2016, 11:23:30 AM12/9/16
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hi Paul,
thanks a lot for your answer! Wait, is there a version 4 of qutip?? I tried to google it but I didn't find anything...
The expm should work fine for me, anyway! thanks!

Michele

Paul Nation

Dec 9, 2016, 11:36:23 AM12/9/16
to QuTiP Group
See the main webpage, it is only development till March.

-P

M Cotrufo