Re: Quantum Control: Custom initial pulses

Alex Pitchford

Sep 23, 2016, 6:29:24 AM9/23/16
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

The control amplitudes can be simply supplied as an numpy array. You can see an example of how to do this in:

As you correct note the PulseGen just produce a pulse for a single control. You could create a custom one of these, if that suits your needs.

All the best

Alex

On 19 September 2016 at 22:06, Ron B. <ronb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to use the GRAPE algorithm optimize a hamiltonian with 2 controls.
I am wondering if it is possible to specify custom initial pulses(say based on a user supplied function)?
I figured that I can simply add a subclass to PulseGen as it seems easy enough.
My problem is that I want to give different initial pulses to the different controls but it seems that PulseGen returns a single array for only one control.
I assume that this is then simply copied for all controls but I could not find the place in the code where it is done.

Is there a simply way to implement different custom initial pulses?

Thanks,
Ron