Question about MESOLVE

Shruti Puri

Mar 18, 2015, 11:44:18 PM3/18/15
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am new to qutip and I would like to know about mesolve. Does mesolve solve for the density matrix elements in the diagonal basis of the system Hamiltonian? That is if H0 is the system Hamiltonian and I construct the collapse operators to account for the decay of the system in the environment, then does mesolve first diagonalize H0 and then solve for the density matrix?

Thanks.

Paul Nation

Mar 18, 2015, 11:47:54 PM3/18/15
to qu...@googlegroups.com
QuTiP does not diagonalize the Liouvillian in the mesolver. If you pass collapse terms then one cant use the Hamiltonian. You must construct the Liouvillian. In QuTiP it is always in Lindblad form by default.

Paul